Saturday, May 10, 2014
Hood River Valley High School alumni Katy Eddy posed for a photo recently alongside Warner Pacific College coach Frank Johnson, while signing a letter of intent to wrestle under scholarship for the school’s newly formed women’s wrestling team.
Eddy is a 2012 HRVHS graduate who highlighted her wrestling career by winning a national folkstyle title at 130 pounds. After graduating she signed to wrestle with Oklahoma City University, but later transferred to South Western Oregon Community College to finish out the year.
Eddy is the first to sign with Johnson and the new WPC wrestling program, which has been revived as part of the Restore College Wrestling movement. As it turns out, Johnson has a close connection to Hood River Valley wrestling; he and HRVHS head coach Trent Kroll were roommates and teammates on the Pacific University wrestling team.
Although he couldn’t give specifics yet, Kroll said Eddy most likely won’t be the only Eagle alumni present on WPC’s 2014-15 wrestling lineup.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge