Saturday, May 10, 2014
Hood River Valley High School alumni Katy Eddy posed for a photo recently alongside Warner Pacific College coach Frank Johnson, while signing a letter of intent to wrestle under scholarship for the school’s newly formed women’s wrestling team.
Eddy is a 2012 HRVHS graduate who highlighted her wrestling career by winning a national folkstyle title at 130 pounds. After graduating she signed to wrestle with Oklahoma City University, but later transferred to South Western Oregon Community College to finish out the year.
Eddy is the first to sign with Johnson and the new WPC wrestling program, which has been revived as part of the Restore College Wrestling movement. As it turns out, Johnson has a close connection to Hood River Valley wrestling; he and HRVHS head coach Trent Kroll were roommates and teammates on the Pacific University wrestling team.
Although he couldn’t give specifics yet, Kroll said Eddy most likely won’t be the only Eagle alumni present on WPC’s 2014-15 wrestling lineup.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge