Saturday, May 17, 2014
Columbia Center for the Arts announces its annual fundraising gala “C’est Si Bon: An Elegant Evening with Susannah Mars.” on Saturday, May 31, at 6 p.m.
Join the fun for a little Paris in the spring as Susannah Mars showcases her phenomenal acting and musical talents in a cabaret concert.
Known as the Golden Girl of Portland and the First Lady of the Northwest musical theatre scene; Susannah’s most recent acting credits include Golde in “Fiddler on the Roof” at Portland Center Stage, Margaret Johnson in “Light in the Piazza” at Portland Playhouse and Dinah in “The Quality of Life” at Artists Rep.
Mars has a new CD coming out this year — but her first CD was nominated for a Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs “Best CD” award in 1998.
The Oregonian says Mars has “Intelligent sentiment and artistic restraint balanced with warmth, wit and great pipes.”
Be tempted by one of the incredible auction opportunities including a six-day (five night) stay for two at the Chateau de La Napoule (circa 1100) located in the historic seaside town of Mandelieu-La Napoule, France.
Also available for bidding is a French wine collection featuring one of a kind bottles, special pressings, limited editions, and more.
C’est Si Bon Gala tickets are $100. Tickets and sponsorships are still available. For further information visit columbiaarts.org or call 541-387-8877 x112.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge