Saturday, May 17, 2014
Columbia Center for the Arts announces its annual fundraising gala “C’est Si Bon: An Elegant Evening with Susannah Mars.” on Saturday, May 31, at 6 p.m.
Join the fun for a little Paris in the spring as Susannah Mars showcases her phenomenal acting and musical talents in a cabaret concert.
Known as the Golden Girl of Portland and the First Lady of the Northwest musical theatre scene; Susannah’s most recent acting credits include Golde in “Fiddler on the Roof” at Portland Center Stage, Margaret Johnson in “Light in the Piazza” at Portland Playhouse and Dinah in “The Quality of Life” at Artists Rep.
Mars has a new CD coming out this year — but her first CD was nominated for a Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs “Best CD” award in 1998.
The Oregonian says Mars has “Intelligent sentiment and artistic restraint balanced with warmth, wit and great pipes.”
Be tempted by one of the incredible auction opportunities including a six-day (five night) stay for two at the Chateau de La Napoule (circa 1100) located in the historic seaside town of Mandelieu-La Napoule, France.
Also available for bidding is a French wine collection featuring one of a kind bottles, special pressings, limited editions, and more.
C’est Si Bon Gala tickets are $100. Tickets and sponsorships are still available. For further information visit columbiaarts.org or call 541-387-8877 x112.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18