Saturday, May 17, 2014
Columbia Center for the Arts announces its annual fundraising gala “C’est Si Bon: An Elegant Evening with Susannah Mars.” on Saturday, May 31, at 6 p.m.
Join the fun for a little Paris in the spring as Susannah Mars showcases her phenomenal acting and musical talents in a cabaret concert.
Known as the Golden Girl of Portland and the First Lady of the Northwest musical theatre scene; Susannah’s most recent acting credits include Golde in “Fiddler on the Roof” at Portland Center Stage, Margaret Johnson in “Light in the Piazza” at Portland Playhouse and Dinah in “The Quality of Life” at Artists Rep.
Mars has a new CD coming out this year — but her first CD was nominated for a Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs “Best CD” award in 1998.
The Oregonian says Mars has “Intelligent sentiment and artistic restraint balanced with warmth, wit and great pipes.”
Be tempted by one of the incredible auction opportunities including a six-day (five night) stay for two at the Chateau de La Napoule (circa 1100) located in the historic seaside town of Mandelieu-La Napoule, France.
Also available for bidding is a French wine collection featuring one of a kind bottles, special pressings, limited editions, and more.
C’est Si Bon Gala tickets are $100. Tickets and sponsorships are still available. For further information visit columbiaarts.org or call 541-387-8877 x112.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge