Saturday, May 17, 2014
Logging operations started last week for the Dahlia Timber Sale, located in the Post Canyon area of Hood River County Forestry property. The clear-cut project will effect forest recreation trails in the area from now until the end of operations, expected sometime around the end of July.
Specific trails include sections of #130, #140 and #150; signage has been posted to notify trail uses of closures. For mountain bikers who frequent the area, closures will include the area between the bottom of FMX and Riordian Hill Road at Barn Door, as well as a section at Antoine’s Ridge/Bladerunner. For a map of the closure area the Hood River Area Trail Stewards facebook page at facebook.com/HRATS.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge