Saturday, May 17, 2014
Logging operations started last week for the Dahlia Timber Sale, located in the Post Canyon area of Hood River County Forestry property. The clear-cut project will effect forest recreation trails in the area from now until the end of operations, expected sometime around the end of July.
Specific trails include sections of #130, #140 and #150; signage has been posted to notify trail uses of closures. For mountain bikers who frequent the area, closures will include the area between the bottom of FMX and Riordian Hill Road at Barn Door, as well as a section at Antoine’s Ridge/Bladerunner. For a map of the closure area the Hood River Area Trail Stewards facebook page at facebook.com/HRATS.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge