Saturday, May 17, 2014
Logging operations started last week for the Dahlia Timber Sale, located in the Post Canyon area of Hood River County Forestry property. The clear-cut project will effect forest recreation trails in the area from now until the end of operations, expected sometime around the end of July.
Specific trails include sections of #130, #140 and #150; signage has been posted to notify trail uses of closures. For mountain bikers who frequent the area, closures will include the area between the bottom of FMX and Riordian Hill Road at Barn Door, as well as a section at Antoine’s Ridge/Bladerunner. For a map of the closure area the Hood River Area Trail Stewards facebook page at facebook.com/HRATS.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Updated: Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge