Saturday, May 17, 2014
Logging operations started last week for the Dahlia Timber Sale, located in the Post Canyon area of Hood River County Forestry property. The clear-cut project will effect forest recreation trails in the area from now until the end of operations, expected sometime around the end of July.
Specific trails include sections of #130, #140 and #150; signage has been posted to notify trail uses of closures. For mountain bikers who frequent the area, closures will include the area between the bottom of FMX and Riordian Hill Road at Barn Door, as well as a section at Antoine’s Ridge/Bladerunner. For a map of the closure area the Hood River Area Trail Stewards facebook page at facebook.com/HRATS.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events