Saturday, May 17, 2014
Logging operations started last week for the Dahlia Timber Sale, located in the Post Canyon area of Hood River County Forestry property. The clear-cut project will effect forest recreation trails in the area from now until the end of operations, expected sometime around the end of July.
Specific trails include sections of #130, #140 and #150; signage has been posted to notify trail uses of closures. For mountain bikers who frequent the area, closures will include the area between the bottom of FMX and Riordian Hill Road at Barn Door, as well as a section at Antoine’s Ridge/Bladerunner. For a map of the closure area the Hood River Area Trail Stewards facebook page at facebook.com/HRATS.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge