Wednesday, May 21, 2014
The Columbia Gorge Discovery Center is proud to participate in the 2014 Blue Star Museums program. Blue Star Museums is a program that offers free admission to museums for all active duty, National Guard and Reserve military personnel and their families from Memorial Day, May 26, through Labor Day, Sept. 1.
The free admission program is available to any bearer of a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), a DD Form 1173 ID card (dependent ID), or a DD Form 1173-1 ID card, which includes active duty U.S. military — Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard, as well as members of the National Guard and Reserve, U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps — and up to five family members.
A family member of active duty military may include a spouse or child, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.
The military ID holder can either be an active duty service member or other dependent family members with the appropriate ID card. The active duty member does not have to be present for family members to use the program.
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,000 museums across America. Participating museums are in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and American Samoa and include children’s museums, fine art museums, history and science museums, and nature centers.
Blue Star Families is a national, nonprofit network of military families from all ranks and services, including guard and reserve, dedicated to supporting, connecting and empowering military families.
To find out which museums are participating, visit arts.gov/bluestar-museums.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge