Originally published October 24, 2014 at 02:38p.m., updated October 27, 2014 at 03:49p.m.
Lester Roberts, 96, passed away Oct. 22, 2014, at Mid-Columbia Medical Center in The Dalles, Ore. Lester was born Sept. 17, 1918.
A funeral service is planned for 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at Anderson's Tribute Center, followed by interment with military honors at Mosier Cemetery. A reception will then be held at the Mosier Grange.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals • Receptions • Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge