Wednesday, December 28, 2016
The Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association is proud to present “A Community of Music 2.0” on Sunday, Jan. 15 at 2 p.m. The concert continues the tradition of combining CGOA’s Jazz Collective Big Band with other notable community musical ensembles.
This year, the concert will include local favorites The Hapa Hillbillies. Bandleader Ben Bonham describes the Hapas as “a mix of English and Hawaiian words, traditional vocal harmonies, Hawaiian instruments but played with jazz stylings.” The versatile acoustic musicians cover an enormous range of styles.
The Jazz Collective Big Band consists of amateur and professional jazz musicians from the Gorge and Portland playing some of the best big band charts from just about every era of jazz.
Tickets for the concert are $10 at the door. The performance will be at the Wy’east Middle School Performing Arts Center. More information is available at gorgeorchestra.org.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge