Tuesday, August 1, 2017
The Van Rontens play Aug. 18
The Van Rontens have melded folk, funk, bluegrass and gypsy into a brand new album called “Lost and Confused.” Featuring mandolin player Matt Farmer (Greenneck Daredevils, Barn Burners), the band has several northwest shows in the works celebrating the new release, including a stop at Everybody’s Brewing in White Salmon on Friday, Aug. 18.
Sucker Punch at Zim’s Aug. 5
Coming up at Zim’s: Tuesday, Aug. 1, Al & Kenny's Tuesday Taps & Tunes, 7-9 p.m.; Friday, Aug. 4, Al & Nolan Hare, 7-10 p.m.; Saturday, Aug. 5, Sucker Punch (Heavy Metal/Rock),7-10 p.m. Zim's Brau Haus, 604 E 2nd St., The Dalles; 541-296-2368.
‘Jurassic Park’ featured movie for teen night at HR Library
Cool down, have some popcorn and take in some favorite summer movies at the Hood River County Library. Bring your own cape for Dr. Strange (Aug. 9) and enjoy some dinosaur crafts with the classic Jurassic Park (Aug. 30). 6:30 p.m. start time. Free admission.
pFriem celebrates Saturday
pFriem Family Brewing takes over Hood River Waterfront Park Aug. 5 for its fifth anniversary party, billed as the “Golden Birthday,” from 4-9 p.m. Admission is free and this is an all-ages event. In addition to fresh pFriem brews, enjoy live music from Planet Fly and Purple Haze, a tribute to Jimi Hendrix featuring Ralph Woodson. Bring lawn chairs and picnic on the lawn. Beer lineup IPA includes Golden IPA, Juicy IPA, Summer Pale, Pilsner, Mexican Lager, and Guava Saison.
3-Speed, more at Sandbar Café
Coming up at the Sandbar Café :
• Wednesday, Aug. 2, 3-Speed Trio (Jazz), 8-10 p.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 3, Pavement Ends, Join Dave Wade, Dennis Harvey and John Durkan for rockin' blues and originals. Bring those dancing shoes, 6-8:30 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 4, Mark Daly and HopTrip, 8-10 p.m.
Sandbar Café, Event Site, Hood River Waterfront.
Jelly Bread at The Ruins
Coming up at The Ruins: Music starts at 6 p.m. with an opening act.
Tuesday, Aug. 1, Jelly Bread with Matt Mesa. Funk, Soul, Rhythm & Blues
Tuesday, Aug. 8, Ian Moore. High Energy Guitar Rock & Soul
Springhouse Cellar, 13 Railroad Ave, Hood River; 541-308-0700.
Entertainment listings can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge