Saturday, August 12, 2017
Got an awesome motorcycle? Bring your ride to the Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum on Aug. 12 to show it off to the world between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. All years, makes and models are welcome to come and participate.
The Pacific Northwest Vintage Snowmobile Club is willing to bet that they can have more vintage snowmobiles present than motorcycles this year. The club has trounced local motorcycle enthusiasts for the past two years in a row.
In addition to the gathering, WAAAM will have several of its antique airplanes out and some automobiles as well. Be sure to get a complementary ride in all the automobiles that are out. The Restoration Shop will be open for a tour at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge