Originally published August 21, 2017 at 11:48a.m., updated August 21, 2017 at 11:48a.m.
The solar eclipse brought together onlookers at downtown Hood River and the waterfront for a lively scene shortly after 10 a.m. today, Monday, Aug. 21. Hood River News staff visited gatherings at Event Site and the Hood River Library.
At Event Site, below, campers react to early moments as the sun became partially obscured.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge