Originally published August 21, 2017 at 12:13p.m., updated August 21, 2017 at 12:13p.m.
Hood River News invites readers to submit photos along with a short description.
Pam Sanchez sent in the first Eclipse Experience message, copied from Snapchat, at 11:48 a.m.: “Me and my girls watched the eclipse from our back porch in Mosier.”
Judy Hanson of Mt. Hood at 1:16 p.m. provided eclipse viewing photos as well as several depicting the solar phenomenon.
Jeremy Davis: “Space and science nerds unite … viewing the solar eclipse with the kiddos in our Hood River cul-de-sac with some of our neighbors.”
Rountree Rouse: “We went to Spray this morning and I managed to get this shot. Handheld with my Nikon and 400VR lens. Luck.”
What was your eclipse experience?
What did you do to view the Aug. 21 once-in-a-lifetime solar event? After you watch the eclipse, send us a few details about what went into it and made it special — 100 words or fewer, please — with photo attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send them in on Aug. 21 and we’ll publish some as early as our Aug. 23 edition, and post some right away on hoodrivernews.com.
(Did you miss the Souvenir Eclipse 2017 guide in the Aug. 16 paper? Copies are available at Hood River News office and local businesses.)
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge