Thursday, January 26, 2017
Richard Edwin Anderson “Rick” passed away Dec. 15, 2016, at his home in Parkdale, Ore., surrounded by family. Rick was born Nov. 27, 1951, in Shelton, Wash., and was 65. Services are planned for 1 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 16 at the Parkdale Community Church, 4910 Baseline Dr., Mt Hood, Ore. A full life story will follow in a later edition. Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River. Visit www.AndersonsTributeCenter.com to leave a note of condolence for the family.
William “Bill” Bright died on Dec. 28, 2016, at his residence at Springridge Court in Wilsonville, Ore., after a brief illness. Bill was born on Sept. 3, 1917, in Saugus, Mass. A memorial service, scheduled for Jan. 7 and postponed due to weather, will take place Saturday, Feb. 11 at 10 a.m. at Lincoln Memorial Funeral Home in Portland, Ore. For further information, go to lincolnmemorialpk.com.
Micaela Bautista Garcia passed away Jan. 25, 2017, at her home in Hood River, Ore. Micaela was born March 22, 1931, and was 85 years of age at the time of her passing.
A viewing will be held from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 27-28 at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River.
Viewing and rosary will be held from 8:30-10:45 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 6 at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 1501 Belmont Ave., Hood River.
Catholic funeral services will be 11 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 6 at St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Graveside services will immediately follow at St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery, 1225 Tucker Rd., Hood River. A reception will follow the graveside services at St. Mary’s Catholic Church.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center. Visit www.AndersonsTributeCenter.com to leave a note of condolence for the family.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Feb. 8: Donald Moore, Sr., Micaela Garcia, Richard Anderson and Arlen Williams
- Service Announcements for Jan. 28: Richard Anderson, Micaela Garcia, Casper Pepitone, William Bright and Agnes Shibahara
- Service announcements, March 4: Micaela Garcia, LeeRae Kitchens and Nellie Hjaltalin
- Service announcment: Micaela Garcia
- Service announcement for Feb. 22
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge