Saturday, July 15, 2017
The second summer presentation at the Moody/Rorick House, located at 300 W. 13th St., The Dalles, will be “The Omeg Century Farm: Homesteaded in 1905,” on Saturday, July 22 beginning at 11 a.m. Mel Omeg will present.
Having turned over the Century Farm to son Mike and other family members, Mel and wife Linda will be traveling from their current home in Lincoln City, Ore., for the presentation, stated a press release.
The Omeg family farm is the county’s most recent inductee to the Oregon Century Farm and Ranch program.
“This is an opportunity to learn not only about the Omeg Family, but also learn what it takes to keep a farm in the family for over 100 years,” states a press release.
“It truly is a fine example of a ‘rich family heritage’ as expressed in the December 2016 issue of The Dalles Chronicle’s Farm & Ranch issue, where the Omeg Family was featured.”
The press release continues, “Wasco County Historical Society is extremely proud of its century and sesquicentennial farms.”
The presentation is free.
For more information on the program, visit www.oregonfb.org, or call 503-400- 7884.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge