Saturday, July 15, 2017
The second summer presentation at the Moody/Rorick House, located at 300 W. 13th St., The Dalles, will be “The Omeg Century Farm: Homesteaded in 1905,” on Saturday, July 22 beginning at 11 a.m. Mel Omeg will present.
Having turned over the Century Farm to son Mike and other family members, Mel and wife Linda will be traveling from their current home in Lincoln City, Ore., for the presentation, stated a press release.
The Omeg family farm is the county’s most recent inductee to the Oregon Century Farm and Ranch program.
“This is an opportunity to learn not only about the Omeg Family, but also learn what it takes to keep a farm in the family for over 100 years,” states a press release.
“It truly is a fine example of a ‘rich family heritage’ as expressed in the December 2016 issue of The Dalles Chronicle’s Farm & Ranch issue, where the Omeg Family was featured.”
The press release continues, “Wasco County Historical Society is extremely proud of its century and sesquicentennial farms.”
The presentation is free.
For more information on the program, visit www.oregonfb.org, or call 503-400- 7884.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge