Originally published June 7, 2017 at 12:00a.m., updated June 7, 2017 at 12:00a.m.
Horizon Christian School’s annual Triple Threat basketball camp will be held July 17-21; this is a month later than the annual camp’s typical dates. There are two camps: a co-ed camp for grades 4-6 (9 a.m. to noon) and another co-ed camp for grades 7-9 (1 to 4 p.m.). Cost is $70 per player and $60 for each additional family member. Registration is July 17 from 8-8:45 a.m. Instruction will include emphasis on fundamentals, game situations, individual and team play, and the Christian concept of athletic competition and sportsmanship. The camp director is Tim Bieri, head coach of the women’s basketball program at Multnomah University in Portland. As in past years, former Portland Trail Blazers Chaplain Al Egg will be the camp guest. Each camper will receive a camp t-shirt, but must provide their own athletic wear. No food will be provided; campers should bring a towel. For more info, contact HCS at 541-387-3200.
More like this story
- Holiday Happenings, updated for Dec. 16 edition
- Service Announcement for Dec. 16:
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed