Originally published June 7, 2017 at 12:00a.m., updated June 7, 2017 at 12:00a.m.
Horizon Christian School’s annual Triple Threat basketball camp will be held July 17-21; this is a month later than the annual camp’s typical dates. There are two camps: a co-ed camp for grades 4-6 (9 a.m. to noon) and another co-ed camp for grades 7-9 (1 to 4 p.m.). Cost is $70 per player and $60 for each additional family member. Registration is July 17 from 8-8:45 a.m. Instruction will include emphasis on fundamentals, game situations, individual and team play, and the Christian concept of athletic competition and sportsmanship. The camp director is Tim Bieri, head coach of the women’s basketball program at Multnomah University in Portland. As in past years, former Portland Trail Blazers Chaplain Al Egg will be the camp guest. Each camper will receive a camp t-shirt, but must provide their own athletic wear. No food will be provided; campers should bring a towel. For more info, contact HCS at 541-387-3200.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge