Saturday, June 10, 2017
On May 27, Delta Kappa ESA installed Debbie Sanguras as the new president for 2017-2018 during a luncheon held at the Columbia Gorge Hotel. The theme was “Color Me Happy,” which was shown throughout the decorated room. Favors, flowers, candles, posters, placemats and programs were all “happy” colors of yellow, purple, green, orange and red, said a press release. Each officer installed lit a candle showing their color associated with the office and received a color pallet badge with their name on it: Penny Phelps, treasurer; Sanguras, president; Tami Arthur, secretary; and Martha Hoskins, vice president.
Installing Officer Hoskins was assisted by Arthur and Marg Baker, who created the décor. Events for the coming year include a planning meeting luncheon and the state leadership meeting at the Hood River Inn, with all ESA Chapters attending.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge