Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts a 10th anniversary fundraiser at Kickstand Kitchen on June 14 at 5 p.m., sponsored by Don and Bonnie Benton and Little Shredders Dental.
Live music will be provided by “oo-la-la,” Violet Montenegro and digeridoo player Patrick Stevens.
A raffle will include a 10-foot Pungo kayak from Kayak Shed and items from Pistil, Dakine, Hood River Stationers, G. Willikers, Artifacts and many more. Tickets are $5 apiece or five for $20.
There will be art for kids outside and s’mores when it gets cooler.
Peace Village returns Aug. 7-11 in Mosier. Registration is currently underway at columbiapeacevillage.com.
Creative arts, games, media literacy, conflict resolution, peace heroes, mindfulness and collaboration are just some of the activities offered at the camp.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge