Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts a 10th anniversary fundraiser at Kickstand Kitchen on June 14 at 5 p.m., sponsored by Don and Bonnie Benton and Little Shredders Dental.
Live music will be provided by “oo-la-la,” Violet Montenegro and digeridoo player Patrick Stevens.
A raffle will include a 10-foot Pungo kayak from Kayak Shed and items from Pistil, Dakine, Hood River Stationers, G. Willikers, Artifacts and many more. Tickets are $5 apiece or five for $20.
There will be art for kids outside and s’mores when it gets cooler.
Peace Village returns Aug. 7-11 in Mosier. Registration is currently underway at columbiapeacevillage.com.
Creative arts, games, media literacy, conflict resolution, peace heroes, mindfulness and collaboration are just some of the activities offered at the camp.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge