Saturday, June 17, 2017
The 2017 Cascade Locks Business Showcase will be on June 22 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Cascade Locks Marine Park Pavilion.
Spend the evening enjoying the bounty of businesses from both sides of the river and sample specialty foods provided by Cascade Ale House and Brigham’s Fish Market, and seasonal ales from Thunder Island Brewing. Door prizes are offered, and get photo taken in the “Foto Bus.” Attendees who mention “Happy Hour” receive complimentary bridge toll.
The event is co-sponsored by the Skamania County Chamber of Commerce and the Port of Cascade Locks.
Call the Port at 541-374-2405 or the Chamber of Commerce at 509-427-8911 for details.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge