Originally published June 17, 2017 at 12:00a.m., updated June 17, 2017 at 12:00a.m.
Hood River Valley High School varsity girls lacrosse athletes Abby Bartles, Rebecca Kiyokawa, and Katie Koenig (left to right) participated in the Oregon Girls Lacrosse Association All-Star game on Sunday, playing for the red team. Koenig, a freshman, and Bartles, a sophomore, earned an invite for receiving an honorable mention on the All-State list; Kiyokawa, a sophomore, got her invite for making Second Team for defense. Koenig and Kiyokawa were recently named by The Oregonian as two of the top 50 Oregon lacrosse stars of the 2017 — a list that included both male and female athletes.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge