Originally published June 17, 2017 at 12:00a.m., updated June 17, 2017 at 12:00a.m.
Hood River Valley High School varsity girls lacrosse athletes Abby Bartles, Rebecca Kiyokawa, and Katie Koenig (left to right) participated in the Oregon Girls Lacrosse Association All-Star game on Sunday, playing for the red team. Koenig, a freshman, and Bartles, a sophomore, earned an invite for receiving an honorable mention on the All-State list; Kiyokawa, a sophomore, got her invite for making Second Team for defense. Koenig and Kiyokawa were recently named by The Oregonian as two of the top 50 Oregon lacrosse stars of the 2017 — a list that included both male and female athletes.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge