Originally published June 17, 2017 at 12:00a.m., updated June 17, 2017 at 12:00a.m.
Hood River Valley High School varsity girls lacrosse athletes Abby Bartles, Rebecca Kiyokawa, and Katie Koenig (left to right) participated in the Oregon Girls Lacrosse Association All-Star game on Sunday, playing for the red team. Koenig, a freshman, and Bartles, a sophomore, earned an invite for receiving an honorable mention on the All-State list; Kiyokawa, a sophomore, got her invite for making Second Team for defense. Koenig and Kiyokawa were recently named by The Oregonian as two of the top 50 Oregon lacrosse stars of the 2017 — a list that included both male and female athletes.
More like this story
- Holiday Happenings, updated for Dec. 16 edition
- Service Announcement for Dec. 16:
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed