Originally published June 17, 2017 at 12:00a.m., updated June 17, 2017 at 12:00a.m.
Hood River Valley High School varsity girls lacrosse athletes Abby Bartles, Rebecca Kiyokawa, and Katie Koenig (left to right) participated in the Oregon Girls Lacrosse Association All-Star game on Sunday, playing for the red team. Koenig, a freshman, and Bartles, a sophomore, earned an invite for receiving an honorable mention on the All-State list; Kiyokawa, a sophomore, got her invite for making Second Team for defense. Koenig and Kiyokawa were recently named by The Oregonian as two of the top 50 Oregon lacrosse stars of the 2017 — a list that included both male and female athletes.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge