Saturday, June 17, 2017
The Gorge Kids Triathlon returns to Waterfront Park in Hood River on Sept. 17.
Kids can run or swim across the swim beach, then choose from various length bike and run courses. Proceeds promote health and fitness programs in the Hood River County schools.
Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. and participants should be ready for the opening ceremony and pre-race instructions at 9:45 a.m.
Register online at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/communityed. Sign up before Sept. 14 for the pre-registration fee of $20. Fee is $30 on the day of the event. More at www.gorgekidstri.com.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge