Saturday, June 17, 2017
Kickstand Kitchen hosted Wednesday’s fundraiser for the 10th annual Peace Village day camp, with silent auction bidders placing their bids, above, with some entering a drawing for the Pungo kayak (back left) donated by Kayak Shed.
Heather Clemons — who bought a single ticket — won the kayak.
Audrey Price of Peace Village said the event surpassed the $5,000 goal, with the bonus of drawing new interest to Peace Village, July 7-11 at Mosier School (columbiapeacevillage.com).
“We met a lot of new people and gained some new volunteers,” Price said.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge