Saturday, June 17, 2017
Kickstand Kitchen hosted Wednesday’s fundraiser for the 10th annual Peace Village day camp, with silent auction bidders placing their bids, above, with some entering a drawing for the Pungo kayak (back left) donated by Kayak Shed.
Heather Clemons — who bought a single ticket — won the kayak.
Audrey Price of Peace Village said the event surpassed the $5,000 goal, with the bonus of drawing new interest to Peace Village, July 7-11 at Mosier School (columbiapeacevillage.com).
“We met a lot of new people and gained some new volunteers,” Price said.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge