Saturday, November 18, 2017
Hood River Hobbies hosts its annual Thanksgiving rocket building and launch class on Wednesday, Nov. 22 from 11 a.m. to noon.
There is a $10 supply fee, which includes an engine for launch. Those who are members of the Gorge Rocket Club can also participate in the Nov. 23 Thanksgiving Day launch at 10 a.m. at Westside Elementary, as well as the New Year’s Day launch and other subsequent launches. Rocket Club fee is $10 per person or $15 per family and is a one-time, annual fee.
Register through Community Education at www.hoodriv-er.k12.or.us/communityed. More info at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge