Wednesday, October 4, 2017
“Homegrown” best describes the third annual “H is for Harvest” auction fundraiser for Hood River Valley Residents Committee on Saturday, Oct. 7 from 6-9 p.m. at Springhouse Cellars.
The event features the swinging blues of OBO — Ontiveros, Bonham and Ortleib — local beer, wine and complimentary appetizers and dessert from the Huck Truck with more food for purchase. Auctioneer extraordinaire David Griffith will preside.
Most of the donated auction items are from Hood River and the Gorge regions where residents have trusted HRVRC to protect this valley and promote wise land use planning for 40 years, stated a press release.
This celebration of local bounty is possible thanks to sponsors Timberline Lodge, Cardinal Glass Industries, Pear Bureau Northwest, Trout Creek Orchards, Mike’s Ice Cream, The Ruddy Duck, Hood River Organics, Klindt Orchards, Kate Mills, Rick and Sydney Blaine, Heather Blaine and Chester Allen.
Tickets are $25 for adults and kids are free. Tickets are available at Waucoma Books or from any board member or hrvrc.org.
For more information call 541-490-5443 or email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge