Originally published October 7, 2017 at 12:00a.m., updated October 7, 2017 at 12:00a.m.
Upcoming HRV games
Girls soccer plays at Henderson Stadium Saturday night, Oct. 7 against 6A Franklin. This game is scheduled for a 7 p.m. kickoff time.
The Eagles football team will be home next week for homecoming against Pendleton with a kickoff time at 7 p.m. at Henderson Stadium.
On Oct. 10, volleyball will play at home for a league title against Pendleton, this game will start at 6:30 p.m. at Vannet Court.
The Oregon Randonneurs club — The Bikenfest 200k
On Oct. 7, The Bikenfest 200k (125 mile) brevet starts at 7:30 a.m. at the Heritage Park and Ride on the Washington side of the Hood River Bridge. In this long-distance, unsupported endurance cycling ride, riders will use a route sheet and/or a GPS to follow the route to Lyle through Centerville, Goldendale, Glenwood, Trout Lake, BZ Corners and back to the start. Riders should finish by 9 pm.
You can find the links, contact information, and registration to the 2017 Bikenfest on the Oregon Randonneurs website at www.orrandonneurs.org/.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge