Saturday, September 16, 2017
Columbia Gorge Discovery Center hosts the annual “A Vintage Evening: Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball” auction and fundraiser on Saturday, Oct. 7. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., beef burgundy dinner starts 6:30 p.m. and the live auction kicks off at 7:10 p.m. The museum is located at 5000 Discovery Drive in The Dalles. Tickets are $45 per person or $400 per table for 10. This is a 21 and older event.
Call 541-296-8600 x 201 or visit www. gorgediscovery.org for more information.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge